The more I think on it, EQNext should be made to be a REAL challenge.
1. Nobody can talk to anybody outside their race until they level up other language skills and make that take serious time and effort.
2. All NPCs are KOS except those in your home town. And even those won't talk with you until you complete some involved quests.
3. Forget being invisible... EVERY NPC is SI.
4. No con colors... you just gotta take your best shot.
5. PvP on for all, of course, and no level limits.
6. XP is REAL slow... it takes like at least 16hours of steady gameplay to gain one level. And starting at level one.
7. Death causes loss of an entire level. No rez spells in game, not at least until like level 120.
8. Corpses rot in one hour. In OR out of game. Of course, all your gear rots with your corpse. Plus everything in your bank. (The "lore" is that the mob who killed you got your bank account keys off your corpse, ran to the nearest bank and grabbed all your banked stuff. Reasonable, right?)
9. The game will have raids, of course. But if you die in a raid, corpse rot is instant and you're insta-respawned back to level 1 and have to start over again. This ensures players take raiding SERIOUSLY. The heart's desire of every real guild leader!
10. The game should have EPIC quests, naturally. But for EVERY piece of decent armor. This makes it challenging---REALLY challenging---to fill every slot.
11. EQ has two slots for fingers, ears and wrists, right?? Have two slots for feet and hands, also. Plus TEN slots for fingers. What the ****, most of us have TEN fingers, not TWO, right??
12. Hackers will be "shot" on sight, of course. The game will have GMs stationed in every zone permanently and they have REAL god-like powers, including the abilities to see your screen remotely at will. Not only is the hacker perma-banned but everyone he's grouped with in the last 24 hours plus every member of his guild. That will force players to be very very careful with whom they group or guild. Right?
13. Random GM events, where GMs "dress up" as a level 150 villain with instant harm-touch and randomly visit a zone, even raid zones, and start remotely death-touching players. Everyone loves The Sleeper, right? Same deal but not just once per server! This kind of death doesn't de-level you, of course. You just lose one piece of armor.
14. Gear rots, of course, unless you repair it constantly. Expect to be wire-brushing that rust off your breastplate and hammering the dents out of your longsword between every other kill.
15. Money can "fall" out of your pocket, randomly, unless you buy certain "AAs" like Hole-Free Pants Pockets. Plus unless you buy the AA "EQFDIC Insurance" you face the risk of losing your bank stash in the event of embezzlement by the bank NPC.
16. What's up with carrying EIGHT backpacks? How realistic is that? In MYEQNEXT you get ONE! You can carry a second one but it encumbers you and cuts your AC, HP Regen and Mana Regen in half.
This is just for starters! ;)
Edited, Jun 6th 2012 6:42am by Sippin
Edited, Jun 6th 2012 6:53am by Sippin
Sippin 105 DRU *** Max AA *** Firionia Vie
Master Artisan (300) * Baker * Brewer * Fletcher * Jeweler * Potter * Researcher * Smith * Tailor
My crew: 105 WAR ENC CLE MAG WIZ 100 SHD BER RNG PAL SHM Master Alchemist *** 85 ROG Master Tinkerer & Poison-Maker