@KTurner. Nice to have concrete evidence from the authority on PVE Warrior theorycrafting... /sarcasm
ZuKii explains the reasoning behind the void choice below. If you find a way to gain > 70 DPS with 8 points anywhere else, by all means...
"The idea isn't to use the 50% more strength, the idea is literally just to use Furious Rage. It's a 6 sec CD non-GCD that interrupts and does weapon damage which is great for our 2hander Riftblade.
It basically adds around 70 DPS.
What can 8 points spent elsewhere get?
- Champ gets more Power Regen which is useless because we never run out (+10% str which is nice to have but not going to give +70 DPS).
- Paragon gives improved flowing strikes / force of will. More damage on rising waterfall is nice but not 70 DPS.
- Improved flowing strikes is again nice but imo not needed. Any other points spent would be on defensive abilities.
- 8 more in Riftblade would get a new blade which we wouldn't use because we need Planar. It also wouldn't increase elemental damage at all because it's already capped.
- 8 in Warlord / Paladin gives no damage increasing stuff
- 8 points in Reaver I thought about. It gives you a DoT that does weapon damage + amount so you might not miss out on too much by using. It might even be effected by Riftblade's "Rift Fury" but it's on GCD.
I haven't actually parsed it so someone might want to and get back to me... Maybe there's a Reaver/Riftblade build out there where you stack DoTs, use Infestation and don't draw aggro because of reduced threat from RB tree... who knows." - ZuKii
Here are the builds, parsed and discussed extensively on the official forums.
Again, minor variations compete and may outperform in some circumstances.
(Cookie Cutter-ish) BM build
Disadvantage: Reliant on pet, something many warriors have been trying to avoid. However, BM IS the highest dps spec at the moment, without much
argument. Heavy RB Build 1 Heavy RB Build 2
Disadvantage: Doesn't scale well with gear Heavy Champ Build
Disadvantage: Energy starvation even with bard/chloro. Requires very good gear to be effective.
@ everyone else:
Please don't bother to post if you only plan to say "you're wrong" without any evidence. This is the last time I'll bite. Questions and comments that are actually relevant are welcome.