Finally decided to get around to making an Armageddon for my COR, and though I don't yet have Wildfire it's coming soon enough. So I figured, why not level RNG too? I know how ranged jobs are these days, I also know it's more likely that people will want me on COR for VW. But whatever, if I have an empy weapon why not have both of the jobs that can use it, right?
I have COR-equippable ranged/WF stuff, the usual subs (/WAR /NIN /SAM), a lot of multi-job "light DD" sets (my other jobs being MNK THF NIN PUP COR DNC) and a working knowledge of ranged jobs in general. But I've never been a RNG main and I really don't know a ton about RNG-specific gear.
So, a few quick questions:
1) Empy+2: Obviously going to go after this stuff, but are there any +2 pieces that really aren't useful? On accessories - use neck and toss the rest in storage?
2) Relic+2: Full relic set sitting in the porter moogle, which pieces are worth upgrading to +2? Socks?
3) Bow: With the assumption that (a) I'll have Armageddon and use that most of the time, and (b) I'm not interested in making a relic/empy/magian bow for my 7th job, what's a decent not too hard to obtain bow for those times I need to use Archery (procs or whatever). I have a Siege Bow tossed in storage, is that still serviceable?
4) VW stuff: Anything in particular that's really good for RNG other than Fajin boots? I have Toci's, but I don't see much use for it on RNG with the other options (and given that it doesn't have AGI for Wildfire).
5) Stuff I assume is still good - correct me if I'm wrong?
- Vulcan Staff
- Uther's Grip
- Hajduk Ring (if R.Acc needed)
- Terebellum Mantle, Libeccio Mantle (Barrage, if R.Acc needed)
- Scout's Belt
6) Still use these any more?
- Faith Torque
- Seiryu's Kote
7) Merits: 5/5 Snapshot. What else is the current thinking?
Thanks a bunch for any tips!