Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

SC2 RanksFollow

#1 May 10 2012 at 5:41 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Hi all,

I feel that posting up my information from SC2 onto SC2 Ranks is an infringement of my privacy, please allow an option for people to remove it or perhaps just remove my ID from it, Thank you very much i will provide the ID and any necessary documents needed to proof that its me after this thread gets noticed.

Thanks in advance.
#2 May 10 2012 at 6:07 AM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,081 posts
How exactly is posting public information a violation of privacy?
#3 May 10 2012 at 6:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,456 posts
Turin wrote:
How exactly is posting public information a violation of privacy?
I'm assuming it's all information taken from your public profile on the Blizz site?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#4 May 10 2012 at 6:48 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
How is that public information? it shows ur match history ranks, any every other thing up without ur consent
#5 May 10 2012 at 6:49 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
I don't mean to alarm you, but they're also stealing your Ys and Os.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#6 May 10 2012 at 7:03 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,456 posts
Clairvoyancex wrote:
How is that public information? it shows ur match history ranks, any every other thing up without ur consent
Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but is that information not also available for public viewing on the Blizzard official Starcraft site?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#7 May 10 2012 at 7:12 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,094 posts
1. Huh, didn't know SC2Ranks was part of the ZAM network.
2. SC2Ranks pulls info directly from Blizzard (as well as manually from uploaders).
3. You approved of Blizzard forwarding your "personal info" when you agreed to the EULA before installing SC2.

Let me guess, someone made fun of you after looking up your statistics?

Edited, May 10th 2012 3:12pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#8 May 10 2012 at 7:46 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Mazra wrote:
1. Huh, didn't know SC2Ranks was part of the ZAM network.
2. SC2Ranks pulls info directly from Blizzard (as well as manually from uploaders).
3. You approved of Blizzard forwarding your "personal info" when you agreed to the EULA before installing SC2.

Let me guess, someone made fun of you after looking up your statistics?

Edited, May 10th 2012 3:12pm by Mazra


oh really? then its so sad...didnt know sc2ranks have direct connection to blizzard n yea below of SC2 Ranks is ZAM.
Also i didnt get mocked though, just thought that have everything up there including ALL ur match history makes me feel insecure :O N i didnt want anyone to know my ranks n stuff too just be typing my ign onto google.
#9 May 10 2012 at 7:51 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Also why go through so much trouble to have those system:
To control how u add friends on SC2 (Only 18 and abv can add real life friends via email which provides more information)
Parental control and mature words filtering and "allowing only ur friends to initiate chat"
And many more i guess which im not aware of.

Furthermore they even won awards regarding privacy and now sc2ranks can jus those info that only can be seen when u logged into bnet n post it up? :(
#10 May 10 2012 at 10:31 AM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,081 posts
All of the information is tied to an alias. It's not like they're posting your real name and address next to it. Only the truly paranoid would find privacy issues with this.

Edited, May 12th 2012 2:13pm by Turin
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 36 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (36)