Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

I fought the [s]law[/s] IRS and...Follow

#52 Jun 19 2012 at 7:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
As I said, I see it as an important part of citizenship. I understand Gbaji doesn't share or understand these values as he demonstrated by comparing it to playing your car radio too loud. There's really no bridging that gap.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#53 Jun 19 2012 at 8:07 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,453 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
No. You pay because you are required to do so.

I understand that I operate under a different value system than you but, to me, paying taxes is part of "things you do as a citizen".

But you wouldn't pay them unless you were legally required to do so, right?


I would still pay them, even if it was a suggestion, and not a law, since I understand what they are for. I see them as paying for services that are needed for everyone. You know, Firemen, Policemen, Teachers, roads, etc. Things I like to have around, just in case I need them. Smiley: lol



Unless you've been paying extra cash to the treasury over the last several years (at least) in order to do your part to help fight rising deficits, then you are mistaken. You may think you would when asked the question in abstract, but I don't think you would in actual fact. You are free to pay more money than required to the treasury at any time. I don't see why someone would think they'd do that if the required amount was zero anymore than they do right now. Assuming you do believe that our deficit is something that we should reduce that is.

If tomorrow the government suggested that if everyone just voluntarily paid an extra $10k to the treasury each year we could eliminate our deficit, would you pay the extra amount? Not required to. No guarantee that anyone else will. Just you making a choice. Would you really do it? I don't think so. And you'd be right not to btw. There's a reason why people argue for higher or lower taxes, but not for people to voluntarily give or not give money to the government. I'm just being honest about it, while some seem to want to pretend that they're on some kind of high road.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#54 Jun 19 2012 at 8:16 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,453 posts
Jophiel wrote:
As I said, I see it as an important part of citizenship. I understand Gbaji doesn't share or understand these values as he demonstrated by comparing it to playing your car radio too loud. There's really no bridging that gap.


You're saying that not violating noise ordinances isn't also a part of citizenship? Smiley: clown


Also, I'm curious about the connection you're making there. Do you see paying taxes as an important part of citizenship because it ensures everyone has some vested interest in the costs of the government and the actions it takes with that money? Or is it just the act of filling out a tax form that matters to you? Because I see it as the former, but I suspect that for you it's the latter. At least that seems to be what you're arguing. Because you don't seem to care that I do pay my taxes and have paid more than my fair share over the period of time in question. You care about whether or not I filled out a piece of paper at the right time.

And if past arguments are any judge, you have no problem with people who fill out that piece of paper and the result is that they pay zero taxes, or who gain significantly more in direct government benefits than said tax burden. So it's not really "paying taxes" you think is important for citizenship at all. What is it then? Following orders? Filling out forms on time? Is that really the Jophiel measurement of good citizenship? To me, that seems a bit trivial.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#55 Jun 19 2012 at 8:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,527 posts
gbaji wrote:
Unless you've been paying extra cash to the treasury over the last several years (at least) in order to do your part to help fight rising deficits, then you are mistaken. You may think you would when asked the question in abstract, but I don't think you would in actual fact. You are free to pay more money than required to the treasury at any time. I don't see why someone would think they'd do that if the required amount was zero anymore than they do right now. Assuming you do believe that our deficit is something that we should reduce that is.

If tomorrow the government suggested that if everyone just voluntarily paid an extra $10k to the treasury each year we could eliminate our deficit, would you pay the extra amount? Not required to. No guarantee that anyone else will. Just you making a choice. Would you really do it? I don't think so. And you'd be right not to btw. There's a reason why people argue for higher or lower taxes, but not for people to voluntarily give or not give money to the government. I'm just being honest about it, while some seem to want to pretend that they're on some kind of high road.


You know, I always start composing all these long, drawn out responses to your responses to me, and every time I do, I just give up.

It is like trying to teach a light bulb to speak French. Starts off interesting,, but ultimately a waste of time.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#56 Jun 19 2012 at 9:17 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
You're saying that not violating noise ordinances isn't also a part of citizenship? Smiley: clown
I previously wrote:
There's really no bridging that gap.

Your attempts to rationalize it away hasn't changed my opinion.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#57 Jun 20 2012 at 7:38 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,382 posts
gbaji wrote:
I'm just being honest about it, while some seem to want to pretend that they're on some kind of high road.
Your not paying your taxes at all is the same as people not voluntarily paying more than they're required to.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#58 Jun 20 2012 at 8:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
4,254 posts
If I didn't have to pay taxes I wouldn't. What I would do however is throw money in with the others on my street to have the road fixed, or toss some cash to the school to pay their teachers so my kids could go there, or toss some cash in a hat for little Jonny's crutches. I'd toss a bit more than my less fortunate neighbour just because it's the right thing to do. Of course, this would all have to be organized so we'd have to all come to an agreement on who manages the money and when the street next to us realized we were all doing the management work twice we'd just join up with them, eventually there'd be too many people to speak to individually so we'd have to hold some sort of manager selection system using public media as a sort of job application selection process. At some point we'd have to draft up some rules about how much money each person should put in and probably enforce them because some people are jerks...
#59 Jun 20 2012 at 8:17 AM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
I'm just being honest about it, while some seem to want to pretend that they're on some kind of high road.
Your not paying your taxes at all is the same as people not voluntarily paying more than they're required to.


Not to defend Baby Capone, but it's kind of hard not to pay taxes at all when you have a job that pays your taxes for you. He didn't not pay at all, he simply underpayed.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#60 Jun 20 2012 at 8:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Gbaji's "defense" is this:

Imagine yourself at school. Your obligation is to perform the sum total of the schoolwork given during the day and your homework at night. You do the work during the day under the eyes of the teacher but decide the homework isn't worth your time and blow it off. At the end of the year, the teacher informs you that you'll be held back from graduating. You hurry up and spend Memorial Day weekend making up for all your missing homework.

Later, someone says you're not a very serious student. You protest "But I did MOST of my work! Everything the teacher directly made me do throughout the year when I had no choice, I did! So you can't claim that I didn't take it seriously!" They point out that the missing homework is exactly what made them think that, not the work you never had a chance to avoid. You protest "But when I was caught months and months later and forced to do it, I did it! I even had to give up a holiday weekend to avoid a worse punishment! So actually I'm even BETTER than most students because I suffered more for originally blowing off my work!"

They just shake their head and walk away, leaving you to your denial as you start saying it's no worse than using the bathroom without a hall pass or getting up to sharpen your pencil without raising your hand and, after all, no one did MORE work than they were assigned so how dare they judge you and ...

Edited, Jun 20th 2012 9:28am by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#61 Jun 20 2012 at 8:41 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,666 posts
gbaji wrote:
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
No. You pay because you are required to do so.

I understand that I operate under a different value system than you but, to me, paying taxes is part of "things you do as a citizen".

But you wouldn't pay them unless you were legally required to do so, right?


I would still pay them, even if it was a suggestion, and not a law, since I understand what they are for. I see them as paying for services that are needed for everyone. You know, Firemen, Policemen, Teachers, roads, etc. Things I like to have around, just in case I need them. Smiley: lol



Unless you've been paying extra cash to the treasury over the last several years (at least) in order to do your part to help fight rising deficits, then you are mistaken. You may think you would when asked the question in abstract, but I don't think you would in actual fact. You are free to pay more money than required to the treasury at any time. I don't see why someone would think they'd do that if the required amount was zero anymore than they do right now. Assuming you do believe that our deficit is something that we should reduce that is.

If tomorrow the government suggested that if everyone just voluntarily paid an extra $10k to the treasury each year we could eliminate our deficit, would you pay the extra amount? Not required to. No guarantee that anyone else will. Just you making a choice. Would you really do it? I don't think so. And you'd be right not to btw. There's a reason why people argue for higher or lower taxes, but not for people to voluntarily give or not give money to the government. I'm just being honest about it, while some seem to want to pretend that they're on some kind of high road.
Wow, the lengths you're willing to go to justify tax evasion......
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#62 Jun 20 2012 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
Yes, Joph, I understand his defense is...non-existant...which is why I'm not trying to defend his defense. I was just responding to a few posters in this thread who have accused him of not paying taxes when it is much more accurate to say he didn't pay enough taxes.

In defense of the posting (still not defending what he did), Baby Capone did:
a) admit to what he did
b) admit it was really, really stupid
c) warn other people not to do the same thing
d) make things right and pay the penalties for his initial wrongdoing

Again, I'm not saying that makes what he did ok, just that he's no different than a convicted criminal who has served his prison time and been released.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#63 Jun 20 2012 at 11:12 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,910 posts
You could say, he's paid his debt to society.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#64 Jun 20 2012 at 11:15 AM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
Not to defend Baby Capone, but it's kind of hard not to pay taxes at all when you have a job that pays your taxes for you.
Ha ha, yeah. I've only been doing and filing my taxes for the last eleven years because it's fun.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#65 Jun 20 2012 at 11:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
Again, I'm not saying that makes what he did ok, just that he's no different than a convicted criminal who has served his prison time and been released.

I wouldn't be interested in, say, dog raising advice from Michael Vick despite him getting caught and serving his sentence. He's already shown through the actions that led to him getting caught that he's not someone I should respect in that arena. Likewise, I wouldn't respect the opinion of someone who knowingly evades paying their taxes (cue: "Oh, but he paid the ones he was forced to pay by his employer!") when it comes time to talk about taxes. Even if he did "make right" -- purely because he was caught years later and the government confiscated it against his will.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#66 Jun 20 2012 at 11:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,577 posts
I'm not sure I see you taking gbaji's advice either way.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#67 Jun 20 2012 at 11:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
someproteinguy wrote:
I'm not sure I see you taking gbaji's advice either way.

The best part is when he said "Alert the media" right after I did. I can always tell when a remark hits a nerve with him because he immediately tries to use it back Smiley: laugh

Admittedly I disagree with him considerably on substance. But I always at least assumed I was talking to someone who took his obligations seriously. Now I know that's not the case.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#68 Jun 20 2012 at 1:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,459 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Admittedly I disagree with him considerably on substance. But I always at least assumed I was talking to someone who took his obligations seriously. Now I know that's not the case.
See, I always knew since the rape thread that gbaji is, for all intents and purposes a sociopath. That surface Hey-I'm-just-a-regular-guy-ness, sense of entitlement yet complete lack of empathy or remorse, the boasting references to promiscuity... Of course I'm not saying he is a sociopath. I don't have the necessary degrees to be able to make that call.
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#69 Jun 20 2012 at 1:56 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,790 posts
I didn't see anywhere in his post where he was giving tax advice. I simply saw Baby Capone using The Asylum like blogspot like so many other posters have done. Granted, he did attempt to defend his actions which I find indefensible.

And Lolgaxe, your last post made no sense.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#70 Jun 20 2012 at 1:59 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
I didn't see anywhere in his post where he was giving tax advice. I simply saw Baby Capone using The Asylum like blogspot like so many other posters have done. Granted, he did attempt to defend his actions which I find indefensible.


Pretty sure Joph is speaking to the entirety of gbaji's posting career. Forum search subject "taxes" author "gbaji" if you're in the mood for some reading material.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#71 Jun 20 2012 at 2:03 PM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
And Lolgaxe, your last post made no sense.
For what it's worth, neither did what you said, but at least I took the few seconds to work it out. Guess I'll spell it out for you like I'd have to for gbaji when he gets confused by jokes. *ahem* I was making fun of your complete lack of research and knowledge of a subject (IE: Taxes and armed forces) and your decision to make a comment about it anyway. My job doesn't "do my taxes for me." In fact, just the insistence of it makes parts of my frontal lobe feel numb. So your saying that it does, that would mean my doing taxes would have to be for another reason other than necessity. I admit, it wasn't a very good punchline, but when the set up is godawful sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and work with what you've got.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#72 Jun 20 2012 at 2:03 PM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
I didn't see anywhere in his post where he was giving tax advice. I simply saw Baby Capone using The Asylum like blogspot like so many other posters have done. Granted, he did attempt to defend his actions which I find indefensible.


Pretty sure Joph is speaking to the entirety of gbaji's posting career. Forum search subject "taxes" author "gbaji" if you're in the mood for some reading material.


Oh well in that case take that portion of my previous post with a grain of salt.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#73 Jun 20 2012 at 2:20 PM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
And apparently I don't comprehend how not to double post.

Edited, Jun 20th 2012 3:21pm by Bigdaddyjug
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#74 Jun 20 2012 at 2:20 PM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
And Lolgaxe, your last post made no sense.
For what it's worth, neither did what you said, but at least I took the few seconds to work it out. Guess I'll spell it out for you like I'd have to for gbaji when he gets confused by jokes. *ahem* I was making fun of your complete lack of research and knowledge of a subject (IE: Taxes and armed forces) and your decision to make a comment about it anyway. My job doesn't "do my taxes for me." In fact, just the insistence of it makes parts of my frontal lobe feel numb. So your saying that it does, that would mean my doing taxes would have to be for another reason other than necessity. I admit, it wasn't a very good punchline, but when the set up is godawful sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and work with what you've got.


Now you're the one mis-understanding what somebody said. What I said is that most people have a job that PAYS taxes for them, whether they want said job to do that or not. The exception would be independent contractors and small business owners. I will admit I am ignorant of whether military personnel have taxes taken out of their checks or not. However, in this case that is irrelevent because I was referring to Gbaji's employment, which I believe I have read is with one of the national cellular service providers. I can assume with some pretty **** near certainty thata the company he works for is taking taxes out of his check (unless he runs his own small business as a retailer for 1 or more of said cellular providers).
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#75 Jun 20 2012 at 2:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
I believe I have read is with one of the national cellular service providers.

Qualcomm actually, I believe.
Quote:
I didn't see anywhere in his post where he was giving tax advice.

That's okay. It also wasn't meant as a direct comparison to scour for loopholes or equivalencies either. I just grabbed the first well-known criminal who served his time.

Edited, Jun 20th 2012 3:33pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#76 Jun 20 2012 at 2:32 PM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
I believe I have read is with one of the national cellular service providers.

Qualcomm actually, I believe.


Wait, Qualcomm is still in business? I thought they were out of business when I started in the business 8 years ago.

Note: I'm no longer in the wireless business.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#77 Jun 20 2012 at 3:03 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,453 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
I'm just being honest about it, while some seem to want to pretend that they're on some kind of high road.
Your not paying your taxes at all is the same as people not voluntarily paying more than they're required to.


Except for three things:

1) I did pay taxes. I just didn't calculate exactly how much I should have paid and informed the government to adjust for the difference. For all I knew, I could have overpaid on taxes that year and been out a refund.

2) I knew that if I underpaid I would eventually have to pay the difference. All I was doing was delaying the point at which said difference (if any) would have to be paid. At no point did I ever think "I'll never have to deal with this".

3) Addendum to point above: Had it turned out that I had overpaid, the IRS would not have come after me to make sure I got my money back. So to suggest that my action was selfish rather than just foolish is pretty darn ridiculous. I was setting myself up for a situation where I was either screwed because I failed to get a refund I was owed, or I was screwed because I'd eventually have to pay the difference plush penalties and interest.


Oh... And four: This is not, by any definition, tax evasion, fraud, or anything remotely criminal. And I'm still struggling to see how this in any way affects my right to complain about how my government spends my tax dollars. In the grand scheme of taxes I've paid over my lifetime, the amount I'd underpaid that one year is pretty insignificant even if one ignores the fact that ultimately I paid more than that anyway.


And if we really want to get technical, I underpaid during the Bush administration and overpaid during the Obama administration. So um... play politics with that if you want.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#78 Jun 20 2012 at 3:05 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,453 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
My job doesn't "do my taxes for me." In fact, just the insistence of it makes parts of my frontal lobe feel numb.


It's a good thing no one insisted that then, isn't it? You get that "doing taxes" is not the same as "paying taxes", right? Or is this another case where you torture the language for the sake of a pretty weak joke? Cause if that's the case then wow! That was the funniest joke evar! Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#79 Jun 20 2012 at 3:10 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,382 posts
gbaji wrote:
That was the funniest joke evar! Smiley: oyvey
Seeing as how we've long since established your sense of humor is nonexistant, your commentary on the quality of my joke is hardly noteworthy. Then again, someone who holds paying taxes to the same heights as jay walking and slightly loud music doesn't have much clout on any matter, really. Smiley: smile
gbaji wrote:
1) I did pay taxes. I just didn't calculate exactly how much I should have paid and informed the government to adjust for the difference. For all I knew, I could have overpaid on taxes that year and been out a refund.
Ahh, so instead of "I didn't file," you meant "I knowingly filed fraudulently." You're right, that was my mistake. I guess lying and not owning up to the lie until you were caught is better.

Edited, Jun 20th 2012 5:15pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#80 Jun 20 2012 at 4:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,281 posts
Atomicflea wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Admittedly I disagree with him considerably on substance. But I always at least assumed I was talking to someone who took his obligations seriously. Now I know that's not the case.
See, I always knew since the rape thread that gbaji is, for all intents and purposes a sociopath. That surface Hey-I'm-just-a-regular-guy-ness, sense of entitlement yet complete lack of empathy or remorse, the boasting references to promiscuity... Of course I'm not saying he is a sociopath. I don't have the necessary degrees to be able to make that call.

And every year, he sinks deeper and deeper into his pathology. Ten years ago, he used to seem normal. Sort of.
#81 Jun 20 2012 at 4:39 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
How do you turn "Hey guys, I got a buttload of tax rebate money" into FIVE paragraphs?


Any way, what Turin said.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#82 Jun 20 2012 at 4:43 PM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
You know, I really want to start universally referring to Gbaji as Baby Capone, but I think that's too cool of a nickname for him.

Maybe Heidi Fleiss? Wesley Snipes?
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#83 Jun 20 2012 at 4:55 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,453 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Then again, someone who holds paying taxes failing to file a return to the same heights as jay walking and slightly loud music doesn't have much clout on any matter, really. Smiley: smile


Still making the same mistake, I see.

Quote:
Ahh, so instead of "I didn't file," you meant "I knowingly filed fraudulently." You're right, that was my mistake. I guess lying and not owning up to the lie until you were caught is better.


Really? That was weak even for you. It's like you have some pathological need to misstate every single thing someone else says or does. You might just want to seek professional help for that! Smiley: lol
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#84 Jun 20 2012 at 4:56 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,453 posts
Nilatai wrote:
How do you turn "Hey guys, I got a buttload of tax rebate money" into FIVE paragraphs?


Pssst! This is the Asylum. This is how we roll.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#85 Jun 20 2012 at 5:00 PM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
gbaji wrote:
Really? That was weak even for you. It's like you have some pathological need to misstate every single thing someone else says or does. You might just want to seek professional help for that! Smiley: lol
I see you're parroting things I've said to you basically word for word, which actually elevates my accuracy to Joph levels of "Gbaji-Ass-Owning." I'm glad you've come to accept that I'm right, as usual, even if you can't say it directly because of your need to rationalize. Smiley: smile
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#86 Jun 20 2012 at 5:26 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,453 posts
See. Now you're just stalling.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#87 Jun 20 2012 at 6:34 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,910 posts
Quote:
3) Addendum to point above: Had it turned out that I had overpaid, the IRS would not have come after me to make sure I got my money back. So to suggest that my action was selfish rather than just foolish is pretty darn ridiculous. I was setting myself up for a situation where I was either screwed because I failed to get a refund I was owed, or I was screwed because I'd eventually have to pay the difference plush penalties and interest.


Depends, sometime they do. Assuming you didn't file or overpaid on your filed amount. If you didn't select the optimal deductions you're just SOL for not being smart enough to game the system.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#88 Jun 20 2012 at 7:33 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,453 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
Quote:
3) Addendum to point above: Had it turned out that I had overpaid, the IRS would not have come after me to make sure I got my money back. So to suggest that my action was selfish rather than just foolish is pretty darn ridiculous. I was setting myself up for a situation where I was either screwed because I failed to get a refund I was owed, or I was screwed because I'd eventually have to pay the difference plush penalties and interest.


Depends, sometime they do. Assuming you didn't file or overpaid on your filed amount. If you didn't select the optimal deductions you're just SOL for not being smart enough to game the system.


I suppose if you overpaid, sure. I'm pretty sure that they wont do this if you just don't file a return though. You can ask the IRS to do your return for you, in which case they will just take the standard deduction and calculate your tax and will send you a refund (or a bill). But that's not the same as not filing. When you don't file, they do the exact same calculation, but if the amount owed is 0 or less, they don't do anything about it. If it's more than 0, they come after you for the money. At least, that's my understanding after having more conversations with IRS agents than I'd care to over the last couple years.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#89 Jun 20 2012 at 8:08 PM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
gbaji wrote:
See. Now you're just stalling.
Killing time, actually. Smiley: smile
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#90 Jun 21 2012 at 8:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,459 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
You know, I really want to start universally referring to Gbaji as Baby Capone, but I think that's too cool of a nickname for him.

Maybe Heidi Fleiss? Wesley Snipes?
Micheal Lohan? Mel Gibson?
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#91 Jun 21 2012 at 8:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,666 posts
Atomicflea wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
You know, I really want to start universally referring to Gbaji as Baby Capone, but I think that's too cool of a nickname for him.

Maybe Heidi Fleiss? Wesley Snipes?
Micheal Lohan? Mel Gibson?

gbaji Blagovjevich.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#92 Jun 21 2012 at 8:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Gbaji was reminding me of good ole Blagojevich with his long, tortured and yet somehow self-righteous explanations of how he didn't do anything wrong by willfully neglecting to file his taxes Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#93 Jun 21 2012 at 8:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,459 posts
Gbajijevich it is. Good call, Elinda.
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#94 Jun 21 2012 at 9:48 AM Rating: Good
Atomicflea wrote:
Gbajijevich it is. Good call, Elinda.


Hahahahahahahahahahhaha
____________________________
Come on Bill, let's go home
[ffxisig]63311[/ffxisig]
#95 Jun 21 2012 at 11:40 AM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
Atomicflea wrote:
Gbajijevich it is. Good call, Elinda.


More like Gbajijekvetch or Gbajijebitch...
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#96 Jun 21 2012 at 11:54 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
I keep reading this title as "I fought the slaw", which, unlike tax evasion, is an action that I would condone. Coleslaw sucks.

Edited, Jun 21st 2012 1:55pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#97 Jun 21 2012 at 1:29 PM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
I keep reading this title as "I fought the slaw", which, unlike tax evasion, is an action that I would condone. Coleslaw sucks.

Edited, Jun 21st 2012 1:55pm by Eske


I keep doing the same thing. And I agree, coleslaw is from the debbil, just like foosball.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#98 Jun 21 2012 at 1:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I thought it said Slavs. Because Gbaji is racist Smiley: mad
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#99 Jun 21 2012 at 2:56 PM Rating: Good
Atomicflea wrote:
Gbajijevich it is. Good call, Elinda.


I support this. Though I will probably butcher the spelling frequently.

Or add a t to though...

Edited, Jun 21st 2012 2:56pm by PigtailsOfDoom
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#100 Jun 21 2012 at 4:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,281 posts
You guys just haven't had the right slaw.

Oh, and good job on gbaji's new name. I'll let you guys keep spelling it.
#101 Jun 21 2012 at 7:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Agreed, bad slaw is terrible, but good slaw is awesome. There's such a variety too, hard to just write it off.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 31 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Anonymous Guests (30)