Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

my soul trees for each classFollow

#1 Mar 19 2011 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
here are my soul trees for each class take a look and plz tell me what you think i havent played the game yet and i was bored so i made these from this site i decided that i wouldnt try to work with other people on all my class's accept for my claric also yes all trees are for lvl.50 char's

warrior:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1cAkL.Vuax0uz.VbczVMMM.VMcx0cb

rogue:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MVNf.EV0V.EMsc0xoo.VG00V0V

mage:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zRqv.Vdh0VA0z.Vxck0x.ex0h0V

claric:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10jGe.x0Exf.E00E.xE0x0z

thanks for taking a look and leaving comments i cant wait to play also have a nice day :)

Edited, Mar 19th 2011 7:27pm by powerhouse13
____________________________
if you are one of my good friends ill take a bullet for you but if you become my enemy im make your life a living **** that i promise

"brother's by blood, brother's by war and brother's by soul"

"darkness is coming and its only a matter of time before you are scared of the thing's that lay awake and asleep in the dark"
#2 Mar 26 2011 at 7:24 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Terrible, seems like you've just chosen random souls that sounds cool.
#3 Mar 27 2011 at 2:23 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
i have made new soul tree's and i will go into each class and tell you all why i picked each soul for the reason's i see if i make a mistake its no biggy ive never played game before so i have no knowledge on it and even if i did play i would probly be by myself type i dont work will with other's other then my claric

ok first the warrior here is his new soul tree:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1cktg.VAszVM0G.VV.EchV00V
ok here is my reasoning im mainly going for a pvper with this toon and i decided that the champion might be best against anything i dont really like to get any talent tree spells because i already get enough through leveling and putting points into the tree i also chose the void knight because of the pesky spellcaster problem on battle grounds this will allow me to max out my dps againts both melle and spellcasters i know that dealing with ranged rogue is going to be a weakness for him but the spellcaster's i mainly my goal aspecaly the healer's

ok second is my rogue here is her soul tree:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVNf.xVbV0cM.VMcf0eo.x0x0V0V
ok with her im choosing to be solo i descided that with her im going to be at range most of the time but say a enemy is to close to me im not other rogue's that cant handle close range and im done no with this soul tree i can kill you eather at range or at close up i know im not going to be as strong as a reg melle dps or as strong as a range dps but i balance those to togeather to make her a enemy not to be taken lightly and putting a pet with that as well that will make things even more deadly

ok third is my mage here is her soul tree:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zIqy.xc0Izuch.Vxck.V0xx0xcc
ok when i chose to be a mage i decided nothing but dps for her i learned how i made a mistake the first time i admit i was in the rong there but this time is different i decided that to max my single target and aoe damage so i dont lack in either im not as strong as a sinlge tree person but with the way i ply games like this one i prefer to be unique anyways the reason i chose to have elemental summoner is because im alone most of the time

ok finaly i have my claric her is his soul tree:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10jGe.x0Exb.E00V.xE0xVzR
i decide that with my claric i wanted to make it to waer im not the primary healer im more of the support healer i can handle any healing problems i chose o go with sentanial because that allows good group healing were the purifier is great at healing single targets and the warden is perfect to heal through dot's and other things and this will allow me to support in any section of healing i can heal the group nicly and heal the tank as will and this allows me not to be main healer i hate being main healer
____________________________
if you are one of my good friends ill take a bullet for you but if you become my enemy im make your life a living **** that i promise

"brother's by blood, brother's by war and brother's by soul"

"darkness is coming and its only a matter of time before you are scared of the thing's that lay awake and asleep in the dark"
#4 Mar 28 2011 at 4:11 PM Rating: Decent
*
155 posts
Since my main is a Cleric (and a healer at that) I'm only going to respond to that tree you have chosen. Your choices make little sense and it is obvious you haven't played Rift yet (or for only a short time) as well as maybe not even healed end game in other MMO's. One thing you need to understand about Rift as of right now is healing throughput is very low. Since any of the big heals take freaking forever to cast it is at current better to go with bigger shields, or HoT's to smooth out the incoming damage. Spike damage is not easy to deal with so relying on casted heals as your main source is not a great option. Let me point out a few of the glaring issues I found with you build.

-Sentinel soul: Raid (10 ppl) heals are extraordinarily mana intensive. Even Healing Flood (5 ppl) in Warden is horribly mana inefficient. So right off the bat you are going to likely have serious problems with mana, even stacking nothing but Wisdom. No Watchful Gaze? You will need every passive benefit you can get to effectively "raid heal" using Sentinel as a main soul. Also no Enraptured Breath which gives your Healing Breath (an amazing instant heal with CD) a bit of extra raid healing.

-Purifier soul: You took Enflamed Rejuvenation (which is for single target heals) but you talk about being a raid healer, complete waste of 5 points. On the other hand you didn't take Protection of the Ancestors which increases your shield by 50%, much better use of those 5 points. No Caregiver's Blessing (only 1 point required) which is a huge damage mitigator. Then you took Ancestral Flame which again is for single target healing and for the longest casted heal in the game (3 sec). It is a great talent if you are a tank healer, but wasted 5 points if you are raid healing.

-Warden soul: No Orbs of the Stream! At high level this 1 point talent gives tremendous single target healing.

Having a "balanced" amount of points in each soul means you excel at nothing and are average at all three souls. Although there are few in 'end game' raiding, as a previous raid leader in 2 different MMO's I wouldn't allow in raid with those points spent. You would be too inefficient to waste the spot. If you want to truly raid heal with Sentinel then go much deeper into it and possibly a tad deeper into Warden, with little into Purifier. Personally if I were to be assigned raid healing duty I'd rather go 38+ Warden for Orbs of the Tide, go 16 Purifier for Ward of the Ancestors and dump the rest into Sentinel. Hope this helps.
____________________________
My Roles:

DPS: (Inq) 51 (Sent) 10 (Ward) 5
Raid Healer: (Puri) 32 (Sent) 34 (Ward) 0
MT Healer: (Puri) 51 (Sent) 15 (Ward) 0
Tank: (Just) 47 (Sham) 7 (Inq) 12
Inquisicar: (Inq) 51 (Justi) 14 (Sent) 1
#5 Mar 28 2011 at 4:18 PM Rating: Decent
*
155 posts
After further reading I see you have a second Cleric healing spec, and I won't go into a long explanation because it's even worse than the first one. My best advice is actually play the game first, see what works and what doesn't THEN show your talent builds, until then you won't understand the finer points to the different talents and why to choose or not to choose them.
____________________________
My Roles:

DPS: (Inq) 51 (Sent) 10 (Ward) 5
Raid Healer: (Puri) 32 (Sent) 34 (Ward) 0
MT Healer: (Puri) 51 (Sent) 15 (Ward) 0
Tank: (Just) 47 (Sham) 7 (Inq) 12
Inquisicar: (Inq) 51 (Justi) 14 (Sent) 1
#6 Mar 28 2011 at 4:55 PM Rating: Excellent
I can't help but feel we're being trolled.

I still don't understand the troll thing. You say something stupid. Someone points out you said something stupid. And then you've 'got' them? You win something or what? It makes no sense to me.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#7 Mar 28 2011 at 5:49 PM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
digitalcraft wrote:
I can't help but feel we're being trolled.

I still don't understand the troll thing. You say something stupid. Someone points out you said something stupid. And then you've 'got' them? You win something or what? It makes no sense to me.


This is kind of what I assumed to, that's why I didn't respond to it.

On the off-chance I'm wrong though, I invite the OP to post something after he actually plays the game for a while and maybe we can work with that, otherwise he can return to the bottom of his particular bridge
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#8 Mar 28 2011 at 7:46 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
thanks for the help and the info and also sorry for the late repay i dont get on the computer alot ill probly play the game some time and really go into depth with it but like i sed with cleric im not a great healer but im not the worst i help the main healer if it starts to slack off a bit causs mana is running low im manly trying to go with a good tank healer spec if you could link me one that be great and thanks again for the info once ii feel like actully playing the game i will buy it and stuff i just dont right now also if anyone has any comments on my other class's dont be shy i try to gather as much info as i can about a game before i play it and sorry fo double posting im trying to get red of other :)


Edited, Mar 28th 2011 10:35pm by powerhouse13
____________________________
if you are one of my good friends ill take a bullet for you but if you become my enemy im make your life a living **** that i promise

"brother's by blood, brother's by war and brother's by soul"

"darkness is coming and its only a matter of time before you are scared of the thing's that lay awake and asleep in the dark"
#9 Mar 29 2011 at 1:00 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
powerhouse13 wrote:
thanks for the help and the info and also sorry for the late repay i dont get on the computer alot ill probly play the game some time and really go into depth with it but like i sed with cleric im not a great healer but im not the worst i help the main healer if it starts to slack off a bit causs mana is running low im manly trying to go with a good tank healer spec if you could link me one that be great and thanks again for the info once ii feel like actully playing the game i will buy it and stuff i just dont right now also if anyone has any comments on my other class's dont be shy i try to gather as much info as i can about a game before i play it and sorry fo double posting im trying to get red of other :)


You can't build a character in Rift based on theories. And there's not much point in linking builds for you because by the time you mow enough lawns to pay for the game, the souls will have all changed. Trion is madly trying to rebalance souls to deal with some pretty glaring balance issues and what you see today will probably be different in a month.
#10 Mar 29 2011 at 1:49 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
Aurelius wrote:
You can't build a character in Rift based on theories.

You can; you just can't build one based on whims.

Effectively, that is.
#11 Mar 29 2011 at 3:22 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
i plan on just playing it then once i have gotten to the max level then ill link my new tree's if you guys like.i also normaly play free games causs i dont really like paying for a game that i really dont want to play also i dont know how much the game cost so im trying to think if i should play it or not.also im building the souls for fun ill be making updates as i go along and see what change's and what dosent.i also am going to be mainly the rogue causs it match's my type of char i dont mind being a little weaker then other people because im on a game to have fun not be the best.im mainly playing my runescape and grand fantasia right now and not really wanting to play a game wear i have to pay just to play it right now.thanks for the help and also have a wonderfull day ;).
____________________________
if you are one of my good friends ill take a bullet for you but if you become my enemy im make your life a living **** that i promise

"brother's by blood, brother's by war and brother's by soul"

"darkness is coming and its only a matter of time before you are scared of the thing's that lay awake and asleep in the dark"
#12 Apr 01 2011 at 9:42 PM Rating: Decent
*
155 posts
Quote:
i dont mind being a little weaker then other people because im on a game to have fun not be the best


Everyone should play games to have fun, that's why they're called games. I would however contend that one cannot have as much fun as others if they are horrible at the calling they play. What I mean by that is if you were to choose soul builds that you thought were fun but were in fact ineffective then sooner or later others will be less inclined to play with you and in time you might lose interest in said game.

I have done my fair share of min-maxing raiding in WoW and playing Eve Online. It can be a ton of fun to "be the best" or close to it, but it can be a chore as well because the best is what is always expected of you. The 'game' can then become more of a job and who wants that really. I agree you should wait until you are level 50 and then link your new soul builds afterwards. That will give you the time to play and learn first hand what works and what doesn't.
____________________________
My Roles:

DPS: (Inq) 51 (Sent) 10 (Ward) 5
Raid Healer: (Puri) 32 (Sent) 34 (Ward) 0
MT Healer: (Puri) 51 (Sent) 15 (Ward) 0
Tank: (Just) 47 (Sham) 7 (Inq) 12
Inquisicar: (Inq) 51 (Justi) 14 (Sent) 1
#13 Apr 01 2011 at 10:52 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,702 posts
delindsay90210 wrote:
Quote:
i dont mind being a little weaker then other people because im on a game to have fun not be the best


Everyone should play games to have fun, that's why they're called games. I would however contend that one cannot have as much fun as others if they are horrible at the calling they play. What I mean by that is if you were to choose soul builds that you thought were fun but were in fact ineffective then sooner or later others will be less inclined to play with you and in time you might lose interest in said game.

I have done my fair share of min-maxing raiding in WoW and playing Eve Online. It can be a ton of fun to "be the best" or close to it, but it can be a chore as well because the best is what is always expected of you. The 'game' can then become more of a job and who wants that really. I agree you should wait until you are level 50 and then link your new soul builds afterwards. That will give you the time to play and learn first hand what works and what doesn't.


It isn't necessary to be the best of the best of the best unless you're in high-end progression raiding or PvP, I'm talking bleeding edge stuff here.

At all other times competence will work just fine, you still have to pull your weight and earn your spot in the group. More often than not, "fun" builds don't do that, some degree of min/maxing is required so that you can at least perform to a level that isn't embarrassing.

I get really REALLY tired of constantly seeing the "it's a game, not a job" arguments. Here's the deal, if you're in a raid, there are 19 other people depending on you. If you're not taking it seriously and your raid fails because of it, it's your fault, even though it's a game, it's still your fault and you've let those other 19 people down by not doing what you were supposed to be doing. This is a group-based game, that means your actions have to benefit the group in some way and when they don't, you don't belong in that group and you shouldn't be surprised if they don't choose to bring you anymore.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#14 Apr 02 2011 at 2:16 PM Rating: Decent
*
155 posts
Quote:
I get really REALLY tired of constantly seeing the "it's a game, not a job" arguments


I made myself physically sick raiding in WoW so hard core that while working 40+ hours/week I would still get home as fast as possible just to spend 5+ hours a day raiding while getting maybe 3-4 hours/night of sleep. THAT is what I mean by it can become a job and that is NO fun for anyone. I was the best raiding Resto Druid on my Realm and because of that was in very high demand. My comment is absolutely valid. You CAN play casually while still doing your "job" in a party or raid, but there becomes a difference at some level when it does truly become a job.
____________________________
My Roles:

DPS: (Inq) 51 (Sent) 10 (Ward) 5
Raid Healer: (Puri) 32 (Sent) 34 (Ward) 0
MT Healer: (Puri) 51 (Sent) 15 (Ward) 0
Tank: (Just) 47 (Sham) 7 (Inq) 12
Inquisicar: (Inq) 51 (Justi) 14 (Sent) 1
#15 Apr 02 2011 at 2:49 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,702 posts
delindsay90210 wrote:
Quote:
I get really REALLY tired of constantly seeing the "it's a game, not a job" arguments


I made myself physically sick raiding in WoW so hard core that while working 40+ hours/week I would still get home as fast as possible just to spend 5+ hours a day raiding while getting maybe 3-4 hours/night of sleep. THAT is what I mean by it can become a job and that is NO fun for anyone. I was the best raiding Resto Druid on my Realm and because of that was in very high demand. My comment is absolutely valid. You CAN play casually while still doing your "job" in a party or raid, but there becomes a difference at some level when it does truly become a job.


The line gets overused

The scenario you describe here would burn anyone out and should be avoided, there's just no way that's a healthy way to live.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#16 Apr 02 2011 at 3:42 PM Rating: Decent
*
155 posts
Fair enough and yes, it's seriously unhealthy and what lead to me quiting WoW twice.
____________________________
My Roles:

DPS: (Inq) 51 (Sent) 10 (Ward) 5
Raid Healer: (Puri) 32 (Sent) 34 (Ward) 0
MT Healer: (Puri) 51 (Sent) 15 (Ward) 0
Tank: (Just) 47 (Sham) 7 (Inq) 12
Inquisicar: (Inq) 51 (Justi) 14 (Sent) 1
#17 Apr 03 2011 at 4:30 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
im not that big on dungeons and raids causs i find them pointless when you have 20 people attacking the same monster for 20-? amount of time that just to me sounds boring thats why im probly going to do what i do in wow im going to focus on doing quest and mass creature slaughters and pvping thats why im probly not even going to be the mage or cleric im best up close or a balance of shooting arrow's then getting up close for the kill so ill just stick to that plan for a while it works for me in wow why not try it in rift so my main class's are going to be a warrior and rogue i dont know what im going to do for souls for my warrior witch is going to be a pvper i want to be a caster enemy warrior to were i can take hit from a mage or cleric and servive and when it comes to rogue so fair im really likeing bladedancer for my melee because that way most of my attacks are needed to be done in stealth and done quickly ranger because i get a pet to help me kill multi-enemy groups or to help tank a mob im not focused on at the moment and of caurse marksmen for my ranged attacks so dont be affraid to tell me what you think and im really sorry i dont repley to post fast i dont get on my computer alot and when i do i ferget to check this forum post and to all those that have been pataint with me thanks and thanks so much for the info it really does help so i dont go into the game blind the way i usaly build talent tree's or whatever the person wants to call them is i focus in passive things so i get the most out of the abilities that i learn through leveling also have a wonderfull day or night ;)

p.s
i dont mind being the lone wolf thats when im at my best and happyest

Edited, Apr 3rd 2011 6:38am by powerhouse13
____________________________
if you are one of my good friends ill take a bullet for you but if you become my enemy im make your life a living **** that i promise

"brother's by blood, brother's by war and brother's by soul"

"darkness is coming and its only a matter of time before you are scared of the thing's that lay awake and asleep in the dark"
#18 Apr 07 2011 at 12:52 AM Rating: Decent
17 posts
Allegory wrote:
Aurelius wrote:
You can't build a character in Rift based on theories.

You can; you just can't build one based on whims.

Effectively, that is.


And if you do, comparatively, our whims become apparently more or less sound than the whims of others. >.<
#19 Apr 07 2011 at 7:46 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,503 posts
my issue with the OP is this:

you sound like you want to be a PvP killer. even worse it sounds like you want to be a 1v1 killer. let me know when you decide to start playing the game so i can tell which shard not to play on...mine!

if you are interested in HK farming or arenas or dueling, play a different game plz.

when i join a warfront team i'm in it to win it. i'll sit by a node and sap people for 20 minutes straight if it helps get the win. your "mage killer spec" has no place in a cooperative game like Rift cuz while you waste your time trying to down a single enemy, his 3 friends are en route to steam roll you. plus without wins how do you expect to get the topnotch pvp gear? winners get rewards, losers get HKs.

play the game but you might want to respec your motives first.



ps. what browser are you using that doesn't have spellcheck? not raggin on you, just hard to read.
#20 Apr 07 2011 at 7:56 AM Rating: Decent
**
272 posts
Killing clerics and killing mages in this game is vastly different in PvP based on the fact that clerics have the capability to have personal defense while most mages don't.

There is inherent value in taking down single targets, or at the very least starting a benny hill scene with the healers so they're not healing their teammates. The problem is building to be a mage killer mostly involves quick burst and CC breakers whereas building to be a cleric killer requires anti-healing or more mana-drain than you can get as a rogue because the fight will be dragged out thanks to chain armor, shields and HoT/Shield spells.

You also need far more escape/mobility as a cleric killer considering organized teams will descend very quickly to protect their healers whereas offing a dps/dominator character elicits less of an immediate reaction.

Sometimes disruption is more effective than out and out HKs especially on healers as well.
____________________________
Always check for black-on-black text.
#21 Apr 08 2011 at 3:40 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
and i agree killing a mage or cleric will be taugh thanks to there defences but when i do kill them o that will be a sweet victory for me.my rogue isnt going to be a pvper my warrior is.also i dont care about my team im out for me and me alone i dont care if i win or lose.and so what i dont have the kick **** gear idc i do it for the fun of it causs not knowing wear your enemy is is so much fun causs its like a game of hide and seek then kill lol.my rogue is going to focus on questing and mass npc slaughter's.i find trying so hard to be a total elite player is boring causs i rather go down with a fight and respawn then take my vegence and have that moment mine then never dieing and just keep killing and killing and never going down.this is the reason i avoid playing games like this because to meany people are trying to be total elite players at the game and not enjoy the smaller things.also when you start to look elite and act elite and play like elite people want you to keep it that way i rather be called a nub or a noob then have every single hard core player have aspectations of me this way i can have fun other then have to be like so mad all the time because i want a piece of gear and i just start to farm the crap out of a place or start to pvp all the time.

Edited, Apr 8th 2011 5:42am by powerhouse13

Edited, Apr 8th 2011 5:45am by powerhouse13
____________________________
if you are one of my good friends ill take a bullet for you but if you become my enemy im make your life a living **** that i promise

"brother's by blood, brother's by war and brother's by soul"

"darkness is coming and its only a matter of time before you are scared of the thing's that lay awake and asleep in the dark"
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (23)