Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

crafting drops not workingFollow

#1 Apr 04 2011 at 12:03 AM Rating: Decent
17 posts
just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. i am an outfitter/ runecrafter/ butcher and the high lvl mats quest drops like "Exquisite Cloth" will not open up and let me accept the quest, it says that i have not met the requirements, but i am 300 in all 3 crafts... i dont know what to do as i have "recovered" the game many times and even reinstalled just as many times. any help?
#2 Apr 04 2011 at 3:16 AM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
I know others are having this problem, and I believe it is a recent issue as I had no problem accepting the 280 skill quests when I did them a week or so ago.
#3 Apr 04 2011 at 8:44 AM Rating: Good
Are you sure you have not already completed the exquisite cloth quest? That stupid thing drops non stop I have thrown away hundreds of them. It will say you do not meet the requirements if you have already completed the quest.

Now compare this to the imbued leather quest item drop... stupidly stupidly rare. 1000's of things skinned for me in everything from Shimmersand to t2 instances. No love.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#4 Apr 04 2011 at 8:58 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Usually, if you "do not meet the requirements" it's because you've already accepted / completed the quest. If something has changed, then hopefully they'll get it fixed soon. Otherwise, you may want to just make sure you didn't already do it and just don't realize it :P.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#5 Apr 05 2011 at 1:58 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Someone in my guild had the same issue. They got the Exquisite Cloth, used it to start the quest, turned in the quest and wasn't offered the follow-up that asks for the bolts of cloth and rewards the recipe. He can't start the quest again with another Exquisite Cloth and the NPC still won't give him the follow-up.
#6 Apr 05 2011 at 8:57 AM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Aurelius wrote:
Someone in my guild had the same issue. They got the Exquisite Cloth, used it to start the quest, turned in the quest and wasn't offered the follow-up that asks for the bolts of cloth and rewards the recipe. He can't start the quest again with another Exquisite Cloth and the NPC still won't give him the follow-up.


That just happened to my mage the other day too, I thought maybe I was just crazy
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#7 Apr 05 2011 at 9:01 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
The problem I'm having is this: I get an exquisite cloth, but since I'm not an outfitter and all the outfitters I know already have it, I throw it out. Then, for some inexplicable reason the game doesn't realize I don't want one, and gives me another. This process repeats about 3 times a day. Why they thought this item needed to drop that frequently when all the other items don't is beyond me, but it's really annoying and I don't want to just keep one in my inventory (would that even prevent me from getting another?), though I may have to just in case.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#8 Apr 05 2011 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Vataro wrote:
The problem I'm having is this: I get an exquisite cloth, but since I'm not an outfitter and all the outfitters I know already have it, I throw it out. Then, for some inexplicable reason the game doesn't realize I don't want one, and gives me another. This process repeats about 3 times a day. Why they thought this item needed to drop that frequently when all the other items don't is beyond me, but it's really annoying and I don't want to just keep one in my inventory (would that even prevent me from getting another?), though I may have to just in case.


Actually it probably drops at exactly the same rate as the equivalent items from other professions.. but consider:

If something has a droprate of 1% (1 in 100) from herbs or mining nodes, you should expect on average to get one every 100 nodes you gather from
If something has a droprate of 1% (1 in 100) from humanoids and undead, you should expect on average to get one every 100 of these you kill

Now which do you do more of? Kill things, or loot nodes?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#9 Apr 05 2011 at 9:11 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Vataro wrote:
The problem I'm having is this: I get an exquisite cloth, but since I'm not an outfitter and all the outfitters I know already have it, I throw it out. Then, for some inexplicable reason the game doesn't realize I don't want one, and gives me another. This process repeats about 3 times a day. Why they thought this item needed to drop that frequently when all the other items don't is beyond me, but it's really annoying and I don't want to just keep one in my inventory (would that even prevent me from getting another?), though I may have to just in case.


Actually it probably drops at exactly the same rate as the equivalent items from other professions.. but consider:

If something has a droprate of 1% (1 in 100) from herbs or mining nodes, you should expect on average to get one every 100 nodes you gather from
If something has a droprate of 1% (1 in 100) from humanoids and undead, you should expect on average to get one every 100 of these you kill

Now which do you do more of? Kill things, or loot nodes?


I'm mostly thinking of skinning, which is done much more often than looting nodes for sure. But yea, I understand the reasoning. That being said, I throw away about 20 of these a week, which is absurd to me. I feel like they should be able to make it only seen/picked up by outfitters :P.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (11)