Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Hotfix #14 - The coldfixes are on strikeFollow

#1 Apr 08 2011 at 9:08 AM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Quote:
Hotfix #14: [NA] 8:00am PDT 4/8/11 - [EU] 2:00am BST 8/04/11

Hotfix #14

WORLD EVENT
* Rings from the event merchants are now properly labeled as 'Unique'. These rings were previously set to be Unique but the text was not appearing on their tooltips.
* Added a display for the level requirements to Shadetouched Weapons Cache quest starting items. The level requirements existed previously but were not displayed on the item tooltip.
* Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
* The Battle for Freemarch zone event now rewards Otherworldly Sourcestone for participation while the River of Souls event is underway.
* Adjusted the stage objectives for the River of Souls event Rift, 'Pride Before the Fall'. Added better messaging to the stages involving the Soothing Stone Light.


GENERAL
* Fixed the Normal Practice Dummy having the defenses of a Boss Practice Dummy.
* Guild Perk: Planar Protection: Fixed a bug that caused this perk to consume Banner reagents.
* Fixed a bug where the Sir or Dame title would occasionally not be sent to eligible characters.
* Corrected the stats on the essence 'Elusive Prey' to have Melee Critical Hit instead of Spell Critical Hit.


ZONES
* Fixed issues in high-level zones that could cause Invasions to not spawn. This should help with zone events not spawning their Invasions as well.

SANCTUM
* Scotty's Induction Ceremony for the Runeguard will no longer be interrupted by hostile creatures appearing in the same area.

SILVERWOOD
* The rare spawn mob, 'Pandora', can now be killed by Defiants.


DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* Over 100 new item drops have been added to Expert Dungeons and Raids!

DARKENING DEEPS
* Expert: Scarn: Fixed the fires so they stay stuck on the bone piles.
* Expert: Scarn: Molten Phlegm effect is now cleansable. If your buddy is on fire, put them out!
* Expert: Scarn: Reduced area of Scarn's frontal cleave so it shouldn't catch players who are visibly outside of the front area of effect.

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT [Raid]
* Duke Letareus, Infiltrator Johlen, and Oracle Aleria now drop 3 items when killed.
* Prince Hylas now drops 4 items when killed.
* Greenscale now drops 4 items when killed, and additional Relic items have been added to the possible drop list.
* Resolved a rare edge case where the instance would crash during a raid wipe-triggered Lord Greenscale reset.


AUDIO
* Addressed a bunch of audio issues with combat sounds being very quiet or not playing at all.
* The Lute purchased from Artifact rewards has more even-volume sound effects.
* More audio volume-level fixes for sounds playing too loudly (level up, anyone?) or too quiet.


CRAFTING
* A system fix to Unique-Equip crafted items that made them look for the base item when checking the Unique-Equip status went in with the 1.1 patch. This made identical rings or weapons with different Augment or Rune types unable to be equipped at the same time (or re-equipped if you already had them on a character and removed one or both). We are taking a look at the current Unique-Equip crafted items affected by this to see if further adjustments to their power are needed in order to keep them desirable.
* You can no longer close opened crafting reward containers and lose items left inside.
* Quests from dropped Cloth starters (The Caress of Cloth, Textile Texture, and From a Humble Scrap) can once again be completed and lead to the follow-up provided by the turn-in NPC.
* Calamitous Runes and Ravaging Runeshards now provide Spell Critical Hit. Devastating Runes and Destructive Runeshards now give Melee Critical Hit.


SETTINGS
* Added a self-cast modifier key dropdown under Settings -> Combat. This allows you to set a key that will always try to self-cast an ability if that key is held while the ability is used (such as setting up 'Alt' to allow 'Alt+1' to attempt to self-cast the ability in hotbar slot 1).
* There are now two sliders to scale the size of player and NPC nameplates under Options -> Name.
* Video recording: A bit rate slider has been added to the recording options window that will affect the quality and size of the video created.


CLIENT/SERVER
* Coin lock should be behaving better for players who also run VPN software on their machines.
* Server performance improvements.



http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?157227-Hotfix-14-NA-8-00am-PDT-4-8-11-EU-2-00am-BST-8-04-11
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#2 Apr 08 2011 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
I don't understand why you people post these when there is already a sticky for it >_<.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#3 Apr 08 2011 at 11:48 AM Rating: Decent
**
272 posts
He beats the sticky by an average of 15 minutes generally.
____________________________
Always check for black-on-black text.
#4 Apr 08 2011 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Yes, but the sticky is a constant, so why bother? :P
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#5 Apr 08 2011 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Vataro wrote:
Yes, but the sticky is a constant, so why bother? :P


The sticky only posts a link to the patch notes. I know a lot of people like to just read them without having to follow a bunch of links.

I do only post them if I see new patch notes and no sticky and no other post about them. If someone (including the Zam admin that does that) does it first, I don't post on it.

I'd say if it really bothers you though, it's pretty easy to just ignore the thread... it's obviously marked Smiley: wink
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#6 Apr 08 2011 at 5:19 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Vataro wrote:
Yes, but the sticky is a constant, so why bother? :P


The sticky only posts a link to the patch notes. I know a lot of people like to just read them without having to follow a bunch of links.

I do only post them if I see new patch notes and no sticky and no other post about them. If someone (including the Zam admin that does that) does it first, I don't post on it.

I'd say if it really bothers you though, it's pretty easy to just ignore the thread... it's obviously marked Smiley: wink


I'd rather just complain about it. +1 and all that.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#7 Apr 08 2011 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Vataro wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Vataro wrote:
Yes, but the sticky is a constant, so why bother? :P


The sticky only posts a link to the patch notes. I know a lot of people like to just read them without having to follow a bunch of links.

I do only post them if I see new patch notes and no sticky and no other post about them. If someone (including the Zam admin that does that) does it first, I don't post on it.

I'd say if it really bothers you though, it's pretty easy to just ignore the thread... it's obviously marked Smiley: wink


I'd rather just complain about it. +1 and all that.


Well played sir, well played
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 8 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (8)