Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Quick question..Follow

#1 Apr 09 2011 at 1:24 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
I'm thinking about getting this game, and was doing a little research on it before I start. I had a question that I have not been able to find the answer to. Regarding charge, do you keep charge even if you kill the monster you used abilities on to get the charge, and do you retain charge once you leave combat? When I first read about charge, my impression was it was similar to combo points from rogues on wow, but after reading more I get the impression it's a bit different.
#2 Apr 09 2011 at 9:02 PM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
GgKMike wrote:
I'm thinking about getting this game, and was doing a little research on it before I start. I had a question that I have not been able to find the answer to. Regarding charge, do you keep charge even if you kill the monster you used abilities on to get the charge, and do you retain charge once you leave combat? When I first read about charge, my impression was it was similar to combo points from rogues on wow, but after reading more I get the impression it's a bit different.


It's a little different in that it's a resource that builds up on you.

If you want a WoW analogy, think runic power. You do things that cost another resource (mana) and builds charge, then you use charge to do other things.

You do retain it after you kill the thing that you built it up on but it dissipates pretty quickly if you don't stay in combat
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#3 Apr 10 2011 at 9:20 AM Rating: Decent
1 post
My current Warrior has a couple of Shield slams (ala WoW) and Charge.

I open with a shield throw, and then charge.
During combat, once it "recharges" (3-4 secs I believe), I take a step or two back and charge again if I need to.

It's not limiting like it is in WoW, where I can only do it as an opening move. It allows for a more versatile style of playing.
#4 Apr 10 2011 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
jhilahd wrote:
My current Warrior has a couple of Shield slams (ala WoW) and Charge.

I open with a shield throw, and then charge.
During combat, once it "recharges" (3-4 secs I believe), I take a step or two back and charge again if I need to.

It's not limiting like it is in WoW, where I can only do it as an opening move. It allows for a more versatile style of playing.


Actually from the context of his question I'm 99% certain he's talking about Charge, as in the mage's secondary resource as opposed to Bull Rush or Shield Charge from the warrior calling
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#5 Apr 10 2011 at 11:22 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
ahh ok cool. I understand now. And after reading your brief explanation, it does seem a lot like rage (of the warrior from wow). I didn't ever really play a dk :P. Furthermore, I was asking in the context of a mage as a secondary "MP", so you hit the nail right on the head.
I was pretty confident in my assumptions in a raid environment, but I wanted some clarification so I could plan better for leveling. Much appreciate the help.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (1)