Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

How do you level a cleric?Follow

#1 May 02 2011 at 1:29 PM Rating: Decent
22 posts
Finally got my tank to 50 and geared for T1's, just waiting for my guild to catch up.

I wanted to start up a Cleric healer toon, but I didn't know what souls give me the fastest leveling to 50.
#2 May 02 2011 at 1:50 PM Rating: Decent
40 posts
either instancing as a healer or tank, or DPS inq or cab. Cab has great AOE if you want to go that route. If you just want to kill with never stopping to rest, you can go 11-14 into Just and the rest into Shaman or Druid.
#3 May 02 2011 at 9:04 PM Rating: Default
13 posts
For leveling a cleric always go Inq+Cab as a third i recommend either sent or puri. Puri has a nice 0 point shield and sent has a nice instant 0 point heal. As Inq/Cab you can aoe grind quests out faster at lower levels then just simply aoe grind out the levels and forget quests for the most part after 40. I hit 50 in just over 2 weeks of 2-3 hours a day play and 5-8 on the weekends. The biggest problem is maintaining focus and really getting to grinding.
#4 May 03 2011 at 1:01 AM Rating: Decent
Repressed Memories
******
20,908 posts
Inquisitor is fairly good for leveling. It's ranged, has a little access to healing, and can dish out good single target damage. It pairs up well with sentinel, warden, or justicar. Sentinel and warden offer you damage talents while providing instant healing from root abilities. Justicar doesn't offer damage increase, both isntead gives additional durability and some healing, as well as a mana regen tool (though inquisitors are getting better mana management in 1.2).
#5 May 03 2011 at 11:32 PM Rating: Good
1 post
I use Inq+Just+Sent.
at lvl 40 it looks like that
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10drj.Exoixx0qz.Vh.V
Found it to be a very good solo build as much for solo targets than for groups of mobs. You will be [almost] invincible!

Inquisitor:
you get the 2 awesome DoTs, and 2 impressive AoE.
Contempt heals like a HoT
Agressive renewal is a decent mana regen.
Using Fanaticism in conjunction with Soul drain is ridiculously good.

Justicar:
This soul is only really for Salvation. Spend (ie waste) 5 points in Armor of Virtue to access Life's devotion and every dmg output turns into a self heal. Watch those spike heals when you crit! (A crit on soul drain can almost refill your health bar)

Sentinel:
Gives access to a good insta heal and has some spell power and crit dmg talents. Also has the standard End buff.


Single target fight goes something like:
BoD - SH - Vex - spam BoJ - hit BoD on proc - dead.

Aoe goes:
Pull as many targets as you can casting Vex on each one - Fana+Soul drain - CoO - SoulDrain. Dead. Vex on the mobs will heal you while you cast the initial SoulDrain.

Edit: Again, this is for lvling. I did not reach endgame with this yet so I don't if it would work there. I use a Inq/Cab/Warden for dungeons dps.


Edited, May 6th 2011 4:33pm by Shaeltor
#6 May 05 2011 at 8:45 AM Rating: Decent
9 posts
Justi/Inq/Shammy

Justicar = 18-21 pts, you want even justice for aoe, extra pts optional for survivability

Inq = 14 pts, soul drain.

Shammy = You'll put points in this last, and just pick up the extra dmg and survive abilities.

This is the thread I used as a basis, but there's another thread there if you look that will give you lvl by lvl breakdowns for builds.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?164161-An-excellent-farming-build-(video)
#7 May 05 2011 at 9:07 PM Rating: Default
13 posts
Using justicar as a main soul for lvling is silly. It does no significant damage, its mainly for eating damage and survivability. Honestly with my heal from the sent tree plus the vex heals I get I have no survivability problems. That means by taking justicar you give up points in damage for survivability, which you shouldn't have a problem with. It takes roughly 15-20 seconds per 8 mobs or so that I kill per pull and that's because it takes me longer to gather a group of mobs than it does to kill them.
#8 May 05 2011 at 9:18 PM Rating: Default
13 posts
Shaeltor wrote:
I use Inq+Just+Sent.
at lvl 40 it looks like that
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10drj.Exoixx0qz.Vh.V
Found it to be a very good solo build as much for solo targets than for groups of mobs. You will be [almost] invincible!

Inquisitor:
you get the 2 awesome DoTs, and 2 impressive AoE.
Contempt heals like a HoT
Agressive renewal is a decent mana regen.
Using Fanaticism in conjunction with Soul drain is ridiculously good.

Justicar:
This soul is only really for Salvation. Spend (ie waste) 5 points in Armor of Virtue to access Life's devotion and every dmg output turns into a self heal. Watch those spike heals when you crit! (A crit on soul drain can almost refill your health bar)

Sentinel:
Gives access to a good insta heal and has some spell power and crit dmg talents. Also has the standard End buff.


Single target fight goes something like:
BoD - SH - Vex - spam BoJ - hit BoD on proc - dead.

Aoe goes:
Pull as many targets as you can casting Vex on each one - Fana+Soul drain - CoO - SoulDrain. Dead. Vex on the mobs will heal you while you cast the initial SoulDrain.



Indeed this is my method. Maybe theres a better one outhere (I do not doubt it) but this one works really well for me. Enjoy!


This is a great leveling build but not a good endgame dps build.
#9 May 06 2011 at 7:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
Pimpinabox wrote:


This is a great leveling build but not a good endgame dps build.


Did you even read the title?
Smiley: dubious
Quote:
How do you level a cleric?
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#10 May 09 2011 at 11:02 PM Rating: Default
13 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Pimpinabox wrote:


This is a great leveling build but not a good endgame dps build.


Did you even read the title?
Smiley: dubious
Quote:
How do you level a cleric?


Yes I did read the title. Did you read what I wrote?
Pimpinabox wrote:

This is a great leveling build


The rest is basically extraneous information I added because that's what I do.

Edited, May 10th 2011 1:05am by Pimpinabox
#11 May 11 2011 at 12:16 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
I assume he just wanted to point that out just for clarification purposes.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#12 May 18 2011 at 4:55 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Brega wrote:
Justi/Inq/Shammy

Justicar = 18-21 pts, you want even justice for aoe, extra pts optional for survivability

Inq = 14 pts, soul drain.

Shammy = You'll put points in this last, and just pick up the extra dmg and survive abilities.

This is the thread I used as a basis, but there's another thread there if you look that will give you lvl by lvl breakdowns for builds.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?164161-An-excellent-farming-build-(video)


As levelling a cleric, I have gone slightly different, Justicar is the very first soul you should put points into (I know its a healing tree according to the tooltip but copy my build so far).

>>>Clicky Click Cleric<<<

This build although not as quick at killing mobs as others has a nil downtime, thats right I said 'Nil'. I take on 3 - 4 mobs at a time and never run out of mana or die. I have found it an optimal build for levelling and have never once stopped to drink or rez.

Hope this build helps you as much as it has me.
#13 May 21 2011 at 6:24 PM Rating: Decent
13 posts
DralnuKhadgar wrote:

As levelling a cleric, I have gone slightly different, Justicar is the very first soul you should put points into (I know its a healing tree according to the tooltip but copy my build so far).

>>>Clicky Click Cleric<<<

This build although not as quick at killing mobs as others has a nil downtime, thats right I said 'Nil'. I take on 3 - 4 mobs at a time and never run out of mana or die. I have found it an optimal build for levelling and have never once stopped to drink or rez.

Hope this build helps you as much as it has me.


You're wasting points after using more than 8 in justicar. You could use those points to increase damage and you shouldnt be using that reparation at all since you get more xp solo grinding so thats just a point wasted for no gain. The healers creed is also pointless since you really shouldnt be using too many heals from doctrines and when you do they're already cheap. If you just want the 12 points for purpose, drop rep and creed and put it in armor of virtue. Mitigation is always good.

Then again spending more points in justicar for purpose is a waste anyway since they lowered the cd and added a tick on aggressive renewal in the inq tree.

So far the best leveling/grinding build I've seen is this an alternative would be to add points into the Cab tree and dropping sent for extra damage. I have a 50 cleric and I've tried dozens of different aoe grinding builds but that works best for me hands down with no competition. I can make 10 plat+ an hour grinding in stillmoor with that build and when I went from 45-50 I was getting a level every 20-30 minutes (with rested xp). the trickiest part of aoe grinding is finding a good spot where you can pull 6-8 melee mobs quickly one group after the next.

Edited, May 21st 2011 8:28pm by Pimpinabox
#14 May 22 2011 at 12:26 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Quick question on that build, Pimpinabox... Is the Salvation heal + Life's devotion additive or multiplicative? If so, I may need to switch to this... My first character is a melee cleric and I'm taking forever killing stiff with little results.. I need moar.
#15 May 23 2011 at 8:32 AM Rating: Decent
40 posts
caster deeps is probably the fastest power leveling build, as long as you are good at it. If you have a tendency to pull too many mobs, you might want to stick with just or something. Honestly though, its so much slower than inq/cab (probably)
#16 May 23 2011 at 9:46 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
stewewewewism wrote:
caster deeps is probably the fastest power leveling build, as long as you are good at it. If you have a tendency to pull too many mobs, you might want to stick with just or something. Honestly though, its so much slower than inq/cab (probably)


I agree. I did Pimpinabox's suggestion, and I was totally not digging it. The healing was a total mana waster and my DPS was garbage.

I just moved on to THIS spec, and it does far more damage, and the heal under Sentinel "Healing Breath" will usually keep me alive when you only have 1700 life at level 27, as it heals for a third of my life.

And being ranged, I can just go on and on without stopping--i can take on at most 3 mobs at once, and never run out of mana thanks to Aggressive Renewal.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (1)