Pax Gaming is a gaming guild that was formed in 2001 in preparation for Star Wars Galaxies. Since then, while still maintaining a strong presence on the Starsider server (after the guild transferred over from Scylla), we have also expanded into other MMO’s, forming the Pax Gaming Network. Through this expansion we are currently playing Rift. While the structure and setting of Pax differs from game to game there is one constant… a feeling of family… and we would like you to join our family.
[*]What Faction do we play?
We are currently Defiant aligned on the PvP-RP Sunrest.
The Defiant do not care whether the gods abandoned the world or not. To them, this entire planar convergence disaster is the gods' fault in the first place. Indeed, as soon as things went from bad to worse, the gods suddenly and inexplicably disappeared.
So while the Guardians run around Telara building temples, sticking their noses in everyone's business, and desperately praying for a miracle, the Defiant plan on actually delivering one, even if it means being branded as heretics and operating outside the laws of the land.
[*]Who can join?
Anyone who is a Defiant aligned character is welcome to apply to Pax Illuminatus. Our guild is structured to accommodate both PvP and PvE, also while RP is not mandatory, it is strongly encouraged (however we are currently not RPing). Crafting and Space will also be heavily supported as well. We do not have an age limit, but we require a level of maturity from all our members and the acceptance of our Charter.
[*]What is this Charter you speak of?
Our Charter is a ‘living document’ that out lines our guild structure, Chain of Command, Rules of Engagement, Codes of Conduct and general guild rules. You may view our charter here
[*]What other details about Pax Illuminatus can you tell me?
We do not require our regular members to dedicate hours upon hours a day to be active. We are a guild who believes RL comes before a game. While we have a semi relaxed activity requirement, it does not mean we are not an active guild. We have a very active forum, various events that are scheduled by our members to help our members to get to know each other, and we are consistently running dungeons and helping our lower level members out. Our current activity requirement is to be logged in once every 30 days.
[*]Why join Pax Imperius?
- Above all Pax is a family (most of whom are huge Star Wars fans) and you will form friendships within our guild. Many of us have become RL friends, traveling to meet up with each other when we can and one of our members even hosts a New Years Eve party where all Pax members are invited.
- We support all play styles.
- We have a long history of working together for the benefit of the Guild, individual members, as well as the community as a whole. A Pax member is always willing to give a helping hand (or claw, or fin) to another.
- Our forums are a great way to get to know other Pax members and even indulge in some RP fiction.
- Our members have years of experience in RP, PvP and PvE in a variety of games. Many of our members are held in respect on their respective servers. Pax members are always willing to give advice and a hand if you need it.
- This will NOT be a guild that folds. Our SWG Chapter of Pax Imperius has been active and going strong since Scylla opened. We have remained active through the games turbulent history. We have recently took advantage of the server transfers that they offered and moved over to the Starsider server and will remain there until the servers close.
- We regularly hold in game training sessions and RP events which are a great way to interact with other members that gives you a break from grinding, questing or PvPing.
- The ability to move up in rank, even by newer members. We have a history of giving dedicated members a chance at being in a leadership position if they show the dedication and drive, no matter how long they have been a member of Pax. We are not a guild who shows favoritism to our “veteran members”.
[*]What is your guild structure?
The structure of Pax will not be finalized until BioWare released more info on TOR. We believe that a guild’s structure should fit in with the mechanics and features of the game in which we are playing. However the basic structure is as follows:
- Our leaders in-game are Dakiv, Runes, and Parridium
- Our officers in-game are Ashkanez and Everto
- Our rector in-game is Wytlewduh
- General Membership (Journeyman)
- Recruit (Initiate)
We will have chapters and RP subgroups within Pax Illuminatus once we increase our numbers.
[*]How do I join?
- Our application process is a two week application period, during this two week period you will interact with Pax members, and make sure you are a good fit for our guild. This two week period is also to help you determine if our guild is a good fit for you.
- You may join our in-game guild without going through the application process however you will not be eligible to do many of our events, including raids.
- First you will need to go www.paxgaming.com to register with the Pax Community.
- Full instructions on joining Pax Imperius can be located here
Rector of Pax Illuminatus
Edited, Jul 4th 2011 7:22pm by Wytlewduh
Edited, Jul 5th 2011 3:44pm by Wytlewduh
Edited, Sep 22nd 2011 6:29pm by Wytlewduh