After using this thing since it came out and feeling frustrated as it semed to fail half the time with no rhyme or reason, I finally figured it out and this may help others.
Either Trion's servers' clock is screwy as **** or my brand new htc Andriod phone is using a chinese clock chip, but it needs to be sync'd A LOT. I just got into the habit of opening it, hitting "sync" and then using it. Well, it seems that any clock change does not IMMEDIATELY cause it to redo the code it displays. Instead, it does not apply the updated clock until the end of the current 30-second window, THEN it is correct. So you must wait until it starts the next segment after syncing, then it works every time.