Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

RIFT 1.5 Hotfix #4 Follow

#1 Oct 06 2011 at 9:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Special Snowflake
Avatar
****
6,786 posts
http://rift.zam.com/story.html?story=27948

Quote:
RIFT 1.5 Hotfix #4 - 10/6/11

GENERAL
* Fixed an issue causing characters to lose health when mounting.
* Fixed a character sheet bug where unequipped items would continue to be displayed and would overlap equipped items.
* PvP: You can no longer enter a Chronicle or Warfront while in combat.
* Planar Attunement Rift opener abilities now always open a Rift of the correct type.
* Corrected the Genesis Pylon effect so it once again has a cooldown.
* Zone event colossi, now with even greater hit point scaling.
* Tuned down the drop of epic currency from zone events with sub-bosses.
* Fixed a rare case where an ex-LFG tool group would enter a Master mode and receive a replacement group member popup.
* You can once again see experience rewards granted from LFG instance completions in the LFG window.
* Fixed a bug where the LFG UI would occasionally not show any queues to join.


CHRONICLES
* Killing base population mobs in the Greenscale's Blight and Hammerknell Chronicles now causes you to be saved to the instance.
* Sanctum: Ceremony of Attunement: You should no longer get occasionally stuck in combat in the courtyard area.
* You can now auto-attack with the flower weapons from the Greenscale's Blight chronicle. FLOWER POWER.
* Fixed another case in the Greenscale chronicle where Lord Greenscale could get stuck at 1% and not reset properly. Also reduced the length of his flight phase to 20 seconds from 30.
* Meridian: Ceremony of Attunement: Reduced the likelihood of getting stuck after your progress is saved when fighting Kain.


WARFRONT ACCOLADES
* Changes to the following solo accolades: Killing Spree, Rampage, Unstoppable, Savior, Juggernaut, Invincible, Defender, Double Threat, Sabotage, Massacre.
- Reduced the experience, Favor, and Prestige granted to the player earning the accolade by 10%.
- Teammates now earn roughly 30% of the experience, Favor, and Prestige when others on their team earn these solo accolades.


DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* Many dungeon terrain shortcuts have been fixed. Please bug report any that are still an issue!
* Instances can once again only be reset 5 times per hour. This was broken with 1.5.
* Darkening Deeps [Master]: Villizar: Break Free type abilities now work against Flame Javelin's stun.
* Darkening Deeps [Master]: Tegenar: Break Free type abilities no longer work for Cocoon.
* Hammerknell: Akylios: The death region on the dock should properly deactivate on Akylios' death.
* Hammerknell: Inquisitor Garau's minions no longer grant experience.


SOULS
* Recasting buffs like Rogue poisons will now replace the existing buff rather than a random one.
* Dominator: Fixed an issue where Charged Shield [Rank 5] and Mass Charged Shield [Rank 4] would double-proc when triggered.
* Marksman: Vampiric Munitions: Fixed a bug where the healing siphon caused the Marksman to break stealth when the debuffed target was healed.
* Nightblade: Fell Blades: Fixed a bug where the healing siphon caused the Nightblade to break stealth when the debuffed target was healed.
* Pyromancer: Burning Bonds: Fixed an issue with the Unbreakable Bonds ability where Burning Bonds would only root a PvP target for 4 seconds instead of 8, even if the target was not under the effect of diminishing returns.


CLIENT
* Client optimizations!
* The game now tries to work around a bug in AMD Llano CPUs (AMD models A4-3XXX, A6-3XXX and A8-3XXX) that was causing frequent crashes. If you use one of these processors you should notice improved client stability.
____________________________
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/calthine/EmptyMind-2.jpg[/img]
Community Manager | QA Lead
ZAM: Support FAQ | Forum FAQ | Forum Rules
Cook Ten Rats
#2 Oct 06 2011 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Bah... took me extra time to decide they weren't going to post the patch notes on their forum like they usually do Smiley: smile
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#3 Oct 06 2011 at 10:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Special Snowflake
Avatar
****
6,786 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Bah... took me extra time to decide they weren't going to post the patch notes on their forum like they usually do Smiley: smile


That's like twice I've beat you. You're slackin'.
____________________________
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/calthine/EmptyMind-2.jpg[/img]
Community Manager | QA Lead
ZAM: Support FAQ | Forum FAQ | Forum Rules
Cook Ten Rats
#4 Oct 06 2011 at 10:47 AM Rating: Decent
**
526 posts
So here is the confusing part. Maybe some people are not getting the point of Planar Attunement, but it is not supposed to ever be really finished.

Some people seem mad that they can not endlessly farm chronicles for exp anymore..
#5 Oct 06 2011 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Puremallace wrote:
So here is the confusing part. Maybe some people are not getting the point of Planar Attunement, but it is not supposed to ever be really finished.

Some people seem mad that they can not endlessly farm chronicles for exp anymore..


The mistake was in giving it a combat benefit (no matter how slight). Min/maxers will grind the bejesus out of it to squeeze every last possible 0.1 dps they can.

This was predictable... and in fact, this was predicted.

Quote:
That's like twice I've beat you. You're slackin'.


The last few times I've just not been at my computer when a hotfix happened... this last one was a dirty trick on Trion's part though.. I place the blame squarely on them Smiley: wink
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#6 Oct 06 2011 at 11:19 AM Rating: Decent
**
526 posts
Well it is mmo mentality that you put a goal in front of someone especially a min/max'r and they will find the most efficient way to get that goal lol

I always wonder if that is why Blizzard never considered AA system in WoW because of the way the community thinks.
#7 Oct 06 2011 at 11:28 AM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Could be, it's also possible they couldn't reconcile an AA system with an expandable level cap.

It'll be interesting to see what Trion does when expansion time rolls around.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#8 Oct 06 2011 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Special Snowflake
Avatar
****
6,786 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
It'll be interesting to see what Trion does when expansion time rolls around.


Very interesting, since the PA system makes it look like the level cap won't be raising any time soon.
____________________________
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/calthine/EmptyMind-2.jpg[/img]
Community Manager | QA Lead
ZAM: Support FAQ | Forum FAQ | Forum Rules
Cook Ten Rats
#9 Oct 06 2011 at 12:51 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
There's also a new zone coming with 1.6 that will probably be an excellent source of xp for level 50 players.
#10 Oct 06 2011 at 2:13 PM Rating: Decent
**
526 posts
#11 Oct 06 2011 at 3:08 PM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Different strokes... that's the way they want to play the game, who are we to say they're wrong?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#12 Oct 06 2011 at 3:14 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Different strokes... that's the way they want to play the game, who are we to say they're wrong?


It's not about them being wrong so much as it is about them being childish. A lot of people feel that anything worth having should be readily available and they've totally missed the point with planar attunement. PA was never intended as just another short little grind for perks. It was intended as a long-term method of continuous character progression in little nibbles and bits above and beyond what an individual already spends their time doing.

Two weeks ago we didn't even have PA and all the xp we were 'earning' from dailies and kills and rifts and instanced PvE stuff and PvP wasn't doing anything for us. Now we have a way to trap all those delicious xp tidbits and apply them towards enhancing our characters, even if only slightly, and people get ants in their pants when they can't have their PA matrices filled out in a month.
#13 Oct 06 2011 at 3:22 PM Rating: Good
***
3,702 posts
Aurelius wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Different strokes... that's the way they want to play the game, who are we to say they're wrong?


It's not about them being wrong so much as it is about them being childish. A lot of people feel that anything worth having should be readily available and they've totally missed the point with planar attunement. PA was never intended as just another short little grind for perks. It was intended as a long-term method of continuous character progression in little nibbles and bits above and beyond what an individual already spends their time doing.

Two weeks ago we didn't even have PA and all the xp we were 'earning' from dailies and kills and rifts and instanced PvE stuff and PvP wasn't doing anything for us. Now we have a way to trap all those delicious xp tidbits and apply them towards enhancing our characters, even if only slightly, and people get ants in their pants when they can't have their PA matrices filled out in a month.


I definitely can't disagree with anything you've said here. You're absolutely right.

However, these people have decided that this is something they MUST have, so they're grinding it out (which is contrary to the developers intentions.. hence the nerfs). I suspect they will continue to do so despite the nerfs, and will continue to ***** and moan about it all the way to the end (and then complain that tiers 2 and 3 aren't ready yet, some are already doing that).

One of the first things you learn as a developer on an evolving game is that you can NEVER make everyone happy. The only thing you can do is add things and hope enough people like them. The second thing you learn is that official forums are there for whining.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#14 Oct 06 2011 at 4:27 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I definitely can't disagree with anything you've said here. You're absolutely right.

However, these people have decided that this is something they MUST have, so they're grinding it out (which is contrary to the developers intentions.. hence the nerfs). I suspect they will continue to do so despite the nerfs, and will continue to ***** and moan about it all the way to the end (and then complain that tiers 2 and 3 aren't ready yet, some are already doing that).

One of the first things you learn as a developer on an evolving game is that you can NEVER make everyone happy. The only thing you can do is add things and hope enough people like them. The second thing you learn is that official forums are there for whining.


There was a dev blog by one of the EVE devs where he commented very wisely that one of the things they've learned is that if you provide a tedious path to character progression, people will hate every minute of it but they'll still do it. And I understand that a developer has to take that into account whenever they add something, but I think that beyond a certain point it falls to the players to be a little less stupid. It didn't take me long to look over the PA matrices and figure out that there was nothing there that would make or break me. Everything is of the "nice" to have variety. None of it is the "need to have". Some of the changes were straight reductions to gains to slow folks down a bit. Some of them (saving to Chrnoicles after killing any trash mob) is to defeat attempts by people to game the system.

I'm working on the air stuff now. At the rate I'm going, 1.6 will be out before I've filled it out. After I've filled it out, if the second tier of air is available I'll take a look at it, otherwise I'll be going with either fire or water. I see it as a neat perk, and I'm grateful that my min-max days are diminished to the point where I don't see a 1.6dps increase to a particular weapon type as something that I HAVE to have in order to not be useless.
#15 Oct 06 2011 at 11:11 PM Rating: Good
**
526 posts
Trion has done some stuff that has gotten away from that appeasement phase they used to be in. Oddly enough they learned 7 years worth of Blizzard lessons in like 4 months.

Those valor changes started a crap storm, but when is the last time you saw a thread crying about them? How about transfers being free destroying every server and leaving 1 or 2 servers out of the 60 viable?

I mean I thought the idea was this far into free x-fers there would be 12 high pop servers and the other 48 would be low pop with 1 guy on them. Isn't that kind of the exact opposite of what has happened.

How about x-server lfg destroying server communities and ninja's everywhere? I think most of this stuff proves beyond a shadow of a doubt to anyone that the most vocal 1% live on the forums
#16 Oct 07 2011 at 12:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Special Snowflake
Avatar
****
6,786 posts
Puremallace wrote:
Trion has done some stuff that has gotten away from that appeasement phase they used to be in. Oddly enough they learned 7 years worth of Blizzard lessons in like 4 months.


'cause Hartsman learned most of 'em over at SOE, lol.
____________________________
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/calthine/EmptyMind-2.jpg[/img]
Community Manager | QA Lead
ZAM: Support FAQ | Forum FAQ | Forum Rules
Cook Ten Rats
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (18)