Because both Defiant and Guardians hunt these mobs, rather than keep information about general areas in two places (both Quest Series pages) we have moved it here.
Scarwood Reach is the only zone with these Hunting quests for rare mobs. There is only one list of mobs that drop the quest starters. Examine the starter to get the Delivery quest to go give the trophy to one of two NPCs depending on your faction. The NPC trades you a token for it.You can then use the tokens to complete one of the two quests for your faction. This raises your Notoriety with the hunter's so you can buy nifty gear.
- Stalking Prey (33) - Collect 5 Perspice Hunting Tokens by turning in hunting trophies.
- Pursuing Prey (33) - Collect 5 more Perspice Hunting Tokens by turning in hunting trophies.
- Kain's Hunt (33) - Collect 5 Kain Hunting Tokens by turning in hunting trophies.
- The Hunt Continues (33) - Collect 5 more Kain Hunting Tokens by turning in hunting trophies.
All of the Rare mobs roam: if there are coordinates noted he was seen or killed there so expect him to be found in that general vicinity. Area names are more important here than coordinates. Remember, they are all non-aggressive (yellow names) until attacked so take your time.
- Ahasa (34 Elite) - Centaur in Timar Foothills is found at ( 2750, 3800 ) but he wanders around the hill.
- Barbwing - Vespid in Stone Grove
- Blackclaw (Elite) - Found around 3449,4412 near Trollblight Cavern.
- Blister - dragon whelp in Granitewood Haunt
- Bloodwhisker (Elite) - ( 3900, 4300 ) feline
- Corpsegrinder - ( 2677, 3789 ) He starts off burrowed (hidden).
- Errant Wrecker - Scarwood Ridge
- Granite Crawler - : overgrown Mordant ant a little north-east of Granite Watch. Paths around a tree at ( 3581, 3976 )
- Gravelfist - ( 3692, 4242 ) in Iron Fall
- Gurock - ( 3303,4014 ) in Auld Warden
- Ironfang - southern region of Granitewood Haunt
- Lashtail (Elite) - gargoyle at the very top of the big tree in Auld Warden.
- Nuhtu - Satyr found in the Lord's Hall
- Rivetskull (Elite) - not too far outside King's Breach at about ( 3338, 4144 )
- Razorback Terror - ( 3830, 4020 ) near Keenblade Mill
- Rotwhip - (Elite) Undead in Granitewood Crossing, paths through ( 3977, 4613 )
- Scarbeak - massive roc in Timar Foothills
- Shadow Harvester - (Elite) Undead in Granitewood Crossing
- Vasyu - giant bat in the caves below The Sagespire
- Venomspitter - giant spider in Stone Grove
- Vilehide - ( 3477, 4419 ) where Trollblight Caverns, Granitewood Haunt, and Lotham's Strike subzones intersect
click map to enlarge
This page last modified 2012-06-11 11:38:05.