To get to the new lands: Find the giant Porticulum that was discovered inside the ruins on Cloudbourne Tarn near the Chancel of Labors in Iron Pine Peak.
If you pre-ordered Storm Legion, or bought the Infinity Edition Digital Upgrade post-launch, you get:
Storm Legion is raising the level caps and, as a result, there are many old pages that have some new stuff. Here is a snapshot of many old pages (and a few new ones) that contain some new Storm Legion content.
Of course, you can see a listing of ALL pages that have Storm Legion content at Category:Storm Legion
- You receive a mail from the leader of your faction that starts a quest which leads you to discover the portal to the new lands. This quest is optional. These were part of the introductory event.
- (50, Story) A Strange Ship on the Horizon
- (50, Daily) Close-In Support
- (50, Daily) Salvaging Supplies
- To get to the new lands: Find the giant Porticulum that was discovered inside the ruins at Cloudbourne Tarn near the Chancel of Labors in Iron Pine Peak.
- To get to Tempest Bay:
- Every Travel Stone and Portalmaster will have the option to travel to Mathosia (the old map) or Brevane and Dusken (the SL map). In this way you can travel to any Portal you have unlocked.
- Crafters can now train up to Grandmaster, raising their skill cap to 375. Adventurers can level to 60.
- To get a cape, explore Pelladane or Cape Jule. Follow story quests for new solo armor.
- You can bind a key such as F12 to Hide Other Players (under UI Toggles in Key Bindings).
- The Torvan Hunters of Tempest Bay sell World Gear and special lures that can open a Hunt tear for a specific named Planar boss. The gear works like HK gear, requiring a Cell to upgrade it and the gear. Bind the correct Cell to your gear to tailor it for your role. They also have NPCs for Raid and Sliver dailies.
- Adventure Dealers also sell gear, similar to but not as good as the World Gear from the Torvan Hunters.
- In Brevane and Dusken, Sourcewells are called Barrier Relays. The same Nexus skill you already have will work to heal or repair them, but at the Necropolis in Seratos you find a Psymmunic Spine which requires Brevanic Restoration to repair. This is for a quest and you are given the skill when needed.
- Barrier Relays are now clearly visible on the maps.
- By consuming 10 Silver Mugs of Ale in The Canals (Tempest Bay) you can become Drunk. It lasts for 3 minutes and seems to have no other effect.
- A new Max Quests counter has been added to the Quest Log UI for Carnage Quests. This brings the total to 75 Carnage, Daily and Other quests (25 each).
- Omi the Puzzle Master is swimming in The Canals. She sells special rare Collection pieces. Her goods can be unlocked by completing an artifact set which allows you to complete a zone-specific puzzle.
- An energy curtain prevents entry into The Dendrome. This zone will be released in a future update (2.2?).
- Bankers, Guild Bankers, Auctioneers and a Planar Voucher merchant are in the Bank, on the south side of Plaza Aurentine just west of the Academy.
There are five factions in Storm Legion:
- The Lycini - All Quests (including dailies) in Cape Jule and Kingdom of Pelladane, and crafting dailies with turn-ins in Tempest Bay,
- Torvan Hunters - Hunt and Great Hunt rifts started with lures sold in Tempest Bay,
- Eternal City Survivors - All Quests (including dailies) in Ardent Domain, City Core, Eastern Holdings and Kingsward, and crafting dailies with turn-ins at Ursin Grove Bunker
- Necropolis Caretakers - All Quests (including dailies) in Seratos, Morban, and Steppes of Infinity, and crafting dailies with turn-ins at Necropolis,
- The Qaijiri - All Quests (including dailies) in Ashora, and crafting dailies with turn-ins at Nurjak Vostra,
Storm Legion Pre-Order Page
- Pre-Order and Save a Panda
- Pre-Order for Guaranteed Beta Access
- Special Pre-Order Capes, version varies depending on where you pre-order
Price varies by package.
Beta testing was in phases and started October 5, 2012. See Rift's Beta Central page.
We have gathered information from BETA and, since the NDA lifted, you can see what we have been working on here.
A vast new world
Storm Legion Box Art
- Adventure across two huge new continents that more than triple the size of the existing world
- Experience epic stories that reveal the true power in Telara ... and the gateway to the planes
- Make your move to the island city of Tempest Bay, a new stronghold for both Guardians and Defiants
10 More Levels, 4 More Souls
- A new Soul for each Calling expands the Ascended Class System - build the hero you want!
- Rise to new heights of power through 10 challenging levels, increasing the level cap to 60
- Play your way! Choose how you level with questing and Instant Adventure everywhere, onslaughts, rifts, events, and more
Brave the Storm
- Achieve greatness with 7 new dungeons, 3 raids, a Chronicle, and more!
- Join the Hunt: New rift gameplay propels you into battling increasingly-challenging planar bosses
- Fight legions of fantastic creatures, including a Colossus that interacts with - and ravages - the world like you've never seen
Make Telara Your Own
- Dimensions: Customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara
- Take your professions to new heights with Grandmaster crafting
- Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes
- New puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, titles, and much more
Released June 8, 2012. Subject to change.
|Rift 2.0: Storm Legion
Nov. 13, 2012
This page last modified 2013-01-29 20:47:38.